How much does it cost to build a building?
Quantity Surveying Services – It all depends on its size and the quality of its finishes. We possess the expertise and experience that enables you to plan for your project with an end result that suits you and ensure that you receive value for money. Whether it’s office blocks, flats, schools, universities, distribution centres, renewable energy plants, wind farms, manufacturing plants, filling stations or a house, emergency services buildings, shopping centres, electrical sub-stations, furnaces/smelters & Cogen plants, or any other structure that requires the strict management of costs, we’ve got you covered.
CAQS Quantity Surveyors offers the traditional South African quantity surveying services, namely:
In terms of the contractual aspects of your construction project, we are well versed in latest JBCC, FIDIC, NEC and GCC type contracts. We can also administer your in-house contract.
We are also able to offer expert assistance in the areas of:
- advice on various issues regarding construction costs and cost engineering
- any variation of building contracts (approved by client’s own legal counsel)
- audits and final accounts should disputes arise
- building economics
- compilation of tenders for contractors
- construction adjudication
- cost analysis of various building elements to furnish designers with information that facilitates correct design decisions
- disputes and investigations of building contracts
- estimates for home loans and structured debt financing
- expert witnesses in arbitration and litigation
- insurance claims, insurance replacement values
- norm analysis and the application thereof
- pricing of bills for contractors
- project agreements
- property development
- refurbishment of existing buildings
- tenant fit out
- value engineering i.e. steps and ways to reduce costs of your construction project without compromising quality